Frequently Asked Questions


Got Questions?

Hi, do you have any questions you can’t find answers to? Write to us and we’ll get back to you via email with answers. 

Field is required!
Field is required!
Field is required!
Field is required!
Field is required!
Field is required!
What courses does Traction School of Governance and Business Offer?

We offer a wide range of business and governance courses. Our courses include-:

  1. Certified Secretaries (CS)
  2. Diploma in Corporate Governance
  3. Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
  4. Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (CIFA)
  5. Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD)
  6. Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS)

What is the difference between an academic degree and a professional qualification?

An academic qualification enables you to research a specific subject, while a professional qualification offers you the training to work in a specific field. While those with an academic qualification may apply it to different careers, individuals with a professional qualification usually work in a specific career.

How long does it take to complete a professional course?

Approximately one year without retakes. However, this depends on the number of units one chooses to undertake within a level.

Is Traction’s tuition fees inclusive of kasneb fee?

No, the tuition fee is exclusive of kasneb registration and exam booking fees.

How much is the registration fee?

A non-refundable fee of Kshs.1500

How do I pay my fees?

Pay through KCB Bank Account: 
Account Number: 1280674032

Account Name: Traction School of Governance and Business LTD 

Bank Branch: KCB Salama House


Paybill Number: 609265

Account: Student Name


A receipt shall be shared within 24 hours upon payment.

How will I access online library resources?

This can be accessed on the school website for each course and unit. 

How can I access my timetable?

The timetable will be shared upon registration and on the class groups. 

Will quantitative units be taught online?

Yes, just like all other units.

Do I get access to study materials as a student?

Yes, the school gives its students access to study materials.

Do you offer block revision classes?

Yes we offer extensive revision classes a month to the scheduled examination dates

What documents are required for registration?

Copies of your national ID, KCSE certificate, duly filled registration form, and 2 passport size photos

What are the fees charged by kasneb?

The fees and related charges are available on the kasneb website under the examination services.

How can I get exempted in a particular paper?

Exemptions are granted on a paper by paper basis upon application with supporting documents and payment of requisite exemption fees.

Can a student sit for kasneb examinations outside Kenya?

Yes, a student can sit for kasneb examinations anywhere outside Kenya.

What are the dates for the examinations?

Examinations are conducted in the English language and are held thrice yearly in April, August, and in December

How many intakes do you have in a year?

Three intakes: January, May, and September

What is the difference between your online classes and physical classes?

Essentially there is no difference. We however emphasize on the flexibility and convenience of our online classes.

How do I book my kasneb exams online?

On the kasneb website:

  • Click on and navigate to Sign Up 
  •  If registered, key in your log in details. 
  •  If new, create a new account 
  •  Complete the form and sign up; then await confirmation via Email/SMS 
  •  Click on the Activation link sent to your email to activate your account.

How do I book for Exemptions online if I am a kasneb Graduate?

On the kasneb website:

  • Click on and login to the Portal 
  •  Choose KASNEB Exemptions on the sidebar menu 
  •  Thereafter you will be presented with the eligible papers. 
  •  After successful payments you will be able to download a provisional exemption letter via Email

Skip to content